Thursday, February 23, 2006

Oh, the times are a changing....

"This is process could go so much faster if we formed an assembly line. Whoa!! This is a strictly kill the clock situation just like it is upstairs." - The Office

So, it's definitely been a while since my last post that could be attributed to my new lazy California attitude. It's starting to work it's way inside my cubicle at work.

I guess I am know the last of my brothers writing a blog. I was kinda sad to see my younger brother give up on the blog, but things change and we all move on. It was nice because his writing was a great kick in the ass to keep on writing on my blog even when my ass was up to here with work. That's a bunch of ass in one sentence. Sorry for the ugly visuals.

Speaking of changes just the other day my wife tells me about a job interview she had with some big corporation. During the interview the manager looks over and asks the most ridiculous question to ever be posed during the interview process.

"Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"

She laughed. Looked him straight in the eye then told him that the question is unfair.

"Six months ago you ask me that question I could have answered you somewhat better, but now I know that life changes to infrequently to infer where I will be 5 years from now." I was so proud of her. It's so true. There is no telling where we will be 5 years, 2 years, next month. I don't have a clue anymore. I know one thing is for sure. Life sure does throw you some curve balls sometimes. You just have to learn how to hit them better as you go along. I love sport analogies that relate to everyday life. That's my newest thing. Next to everyone at work throwing emails at me to proof over because I'm a former English teacher. Don't laugh, they really think that I'm good at it.

I am planning on going back to school to get my masters eventually. It is something I've been wanting to do for quite some time, and now I think I may have the chance. Things are going to always be changing for me, for you, for all of us. I just keep thinking it's going to change for the better.

As my younger brother would say, "Have a beer, don't cost nutin'."

1 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, Blogger The Movie Guys said...

I felt like applauding Jo when I read this for her answer to the 5 years question. You should be proud of your wife.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home