Wednesday, January 18, 2006

You know it's my busy time of the year!!

I am addicted. Yeah, you guessed it. It's not like I have Nitendo thumb, but it could be worse. I spend countless hours trying to figure out new and inventive ways to use it. When I first got it there was nothing that would stop me from opening it up to make sure it worked. So what's the big deal. I like to play with toys. Aren't all boys the same.

While intermixing my time between cool video downloads and what's the best podcast available on the web, I feel that it is not going to waste. A few months ago you could have mentioned a podcast to me, and probably the first thing that pops into my head is the place where they store all the portable storage containers you see in front of peoples' homes. Now I can recite to you my top five favorite podcast that are relevant to me as of the date and time. I can also speak at ease on the topic of video downloads that not only have improved my life, but made life that much better at work.

I know work amongst the cubicle people that talk amongst themselves as if you were asking them to pass the toilet paper in the bathroom stall next to them. I can hear every personal conversation, every dispute with their computer, and more importantly smell every morsel of food that travels through our delictable airwaves. As I know spend time counseling or advising students about their career I try to keep a profession demeanor about myself while making sure the IPod is not noticeable through my shirt sleeve. I love the interaction I have with the students. More importantly I love helping the students. I just hate having to do that within the confines of the Dilbert arena. Not only does my co-workers hear every conversation I have with a student, but my boss can overhear the conversation. Twice this past week, my boss came over to me and stated that I was doing a good job with students, but needed to be more quiet. Yeah, sure thing. "Can you come back in a few because I kind of busy right now. I have a meeting with the Bob's." As the school year starts for these new students, I am pushing hard to get back into the classroom. This week I get to go into 5 classes and give a little time management workshop. First lesson about time management workshop, don't show up late to a workshop when you're the presenter. Well, hopefully next I will be able to download the workshop onto ITunes so they could watch it on their new IPods on the Podcast section.

2 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger lucasjackson7 said...

your ipod makes you one with the students. it gives you that human touch. makes you a "people" person.

oh, and i think you have my stapler.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger bayou_boy504 said...

Can you pass me some tp?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home