Sunday, February 12, 2006

If you lived here, you'd be home by now

Started looking for a place to live this past week. I think we are going to have to move to Tijuana now. You'd think that just by living in San Diego anywhere is going to be nice. Not necessarily true. Even in Utopia there were some shaddy areas you just didn't want to live in.

Out here land is a very hot commodity that seems to be almost never ending, but ridiculously overpriced. I can somewhat equate to the Duece McAllister contract of 2005. Yeah a good runningback is a rarity, but paying one over 8 million dollars a year for 5 years is just outside of fair market value. I don't ever recall the Saints signing Dalton Hillard to that type of contract, and to this day he is a much better runningback than Duece. There is some time left to see if it materializes.

I know one thing is for sure. I don't think I could ever afford a home out here unless I was panhandling for gold on the weekends.

So that's why we are looking to rent. It's just crazy to think what people want for rent. Not to sound to old or anything, but don't you think it's a little outrageous to be charging over 2 grand for an apartment? I guess that's what the kids today have to look forward to. Good luck.

What I'm looking for is a place that I can rent over the top of a Mexican cantina where I can sip Margharitas went I get home from work, and then chow down on some fish tacos for dinner. I wouldn't even mind refilling the salsa bowls every hour. That's just too much to ask for. Because this place is not available anytime soon in the next daydream of mind, I have to settle for a place that is preferrably located in a barrrio or tunnel that was dug out within the past week in Mexico. Or I can just move into the desert and live among the prairie dogs and dune buggies while the roadrunners chew up my cable box and I can't watch The Office anymore. I won't give up the search. Something's bound to come up.

1 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger lucasjackson7 said...

You're gonna end up like Michael Madsen in Kill Bill. I can just see you in the cowboy hat and the trailer and the kickass sword.

I bet that place is real cheap. How come they never advertise those places on craigslist?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home