Friday, November 11, 2005

Visions of Abita dancing through my head

Gonna go watch the sun set on the Pacific tonight. Hope everyone could see this magnificent sight. Will be holding a cold one while I watch it set.

Life is funny sometimes. I remember the other day being happy that I found a gas station that was charging 2.67 a gallon for unleaded. I was so happy that I told everyone I saw that day, even the checkout clerk at Vons. He was shocked too. Then today in a quite random search on the internet, I find this beverage depot. They sell Abita Amber there. Not only Abita Amber, but Turbodog, and Purplehaze. It was like Christmas had arrived on Nov. 10th. Wow!! I turned and looked anxiously around to find someone to tell that would care. Where's my wife when I need her. On the other side of the library.

Psssstt, babe.
Nothing.
Loud cough.
Nothing.
Uhhhheemmmmm!!!
Nothing.
Finally I get out of my chair, risking the spot I cherished for 15 minutes waiting in line, and went searching for my wife. When I got hold of her I mentioned that I had great news. She was so excited. What was it? A job offer? Insurance settlement is more than we asked? Free tickets to a musical? No, none of the above. When I told her I found a place that sells Abita Amber in San Diego, this blank look appeared. That's it. Oh, great news hon. Then she went back to searching for a book.

It's the little things that keep me going right now. If only I could find a lady's jelly wrestling happy hour bar that serves Abita, and has plasma tv's big enough and positioned in the right spots so I never miss a word my wife says by looking directly through her to the screen I would be set. If I owned a bar, I would position every t.v. monitor at a specific height level so that you can look somewhat interested in the conversation while never missing a highlight of ESPN.

3 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Blogger tigertalk said...

I am sorry I wasn't there to jump with joy on the discovery of Abita Amber in California. I got excited to see rolling rock being sold in New Orleans again. It is still hard for me to imagine a life outside of louisiana. No reb beans and rice, no mrdi gras, no abita, no jazz fest, no LSU saturdays, what would I do? If I knew of a place that had something like that I would move there especially if it was good weather.

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger lucasjackson7 said...

we drank the restoration ale the other day. not as good as the amber, but a good selection altogether.

christmas ale is alright. still waiting for that pub crawl, though.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger bayou_boy504 said...

Hey man, if you want a cold Abita I could mail you one from New Orleans tonight. I wouldn't even have to refrigerate it because it's a chilly 54 degrees this evening.

Glad you're finding good websites out there in Cali.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home