Tuesday, September 19, 2006

ACL, Fall, and the Homecoming

Went to Austin City Limits last Friday to enjoy some good music outside during our last weekend of the summer. Got to see Ray LaMontagne, John Mayer (wife's choice), and heard a little bit of Los Lonely Boys. I have to say that the ACL is just like Jazzfest with more out of town musicians. They still don't have the food and shuttle thing down yet, but give them a few years and they will figure it out. What I love is being out at night and listening to the music underneath the stars. How great it would be if Jazzfest stayed opened until 10pm. Granted Jazzfest is two weekends and ACL is only one, still you could bring in some larger names for the late night concerts. They also did a great job of providing huge screens to watch the concert if you couldn't get close enough which was definitely cool for larger bands. It's a great draw for the city of Austin which has a great music scene for those who love live music.

The weather is slowly changing around here. For the better that is. Today I woke up and it was 59 degrees. That's a great contrast to Sunday morning when I woke up and it was 81 at the same time. I love fall. There is something about it, leaves changing, cool breezes, and that crap. It's a great time of the year to be outside. Just wish it would stay like this for the next 4 months. I can't remember the last time I drove my car with the windows down and ac off. Can you still do that? I thought it was illegal to turn off the ac.

Went back to the Shoal Creek Saloon (Austin's unofficial headquarters for the New Orleans Saints games) this past Sunday to catch the Saint go to 2-0. It was amazing. They actually came from behind and won. Fans inside the bar were chanting Who Dat and Bring on the Dirty Birds. This has prompted a lot of optimism in our hometown which is much needed, but let's not get ahead of ourselves everybody. I love my Saints, but one thing I do notice is that we've got a long road ahead of us in so far that we can be a playoff team. Last week Favre didn't score a touchdown against the Bears, and this week he threw for 350 yards and three TDs. I am hoping the Saints can keep the biggest game of the season close on Monday night at the Superdome. Emotions will be running high and the city is anticipating a victory, lets root on our team no matter what the score is because it's a blessing just to have them back in the Dome. I think the Saints can score on the Falcons, my issue is whether we can stop Vick and Dunn. Dunn has made it a hobby of his to tear the Saints defense a new hole everytime they play. Although the Saints defense has made some strides against the run this year they still have not witnessed a ground attack like the Falcons. I think the Saints are only going to get better each week, and I think that the Falcons game will be a stepping stone to see what type of team we'll be this season. Bless you boys. Let's get a victory; not for all of us trying to recover, but for the team as we build for the future. It's great to be back on Monday Night. Looking forward to seeing Charles Grant announce the defense. The Dome will be a rocking so don't come a knocking.

1 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger lucasjackson7 said...

This city is madness. Go Saints!

Who Dat, baby!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home