Thursday, July 27, 2006

Oh the games we must play

I've recently discovered that the fountain of youth is just a pond in some random person's backyard (probably the house over on Briar, right?) that isn't filtered or cleaned frequently which leaves serious doubt to whether it'll withstand the test of time much less a chlorine tablet. I was reading through junk on the internet, you know; Hellzobah vs. Isreal, vice versus, whether Miami Vice will suck without pastel and flamingos, whether an 85 year old man can hit a minor league fastball, and most recently was the story about our modern day version of Fred McGriff...Harold Reynolds being fired from ESPN.

Under a bunch of pre-written publicist babble on different newspaper websites, the only thing that caught my attention was that Harold hugged some girl and she took it the wrong way. Now if my memory does serve me correct hugging is extremely inappropriate sexual behavior. Remember Clinton was seen hugging that intern, Roge was seen hugging ReRun on What's Happening Now and that ended the show, I've seen soccer players hugging each other after a goal, Big Papi hugs everyone after a homerun, politicians make a living off of hugging babies and kissing mamas' or is that the other way around. Anyway, I know that there is big misrepresentation about hugging that some feel it's offensive like Jerry Seinfeld hated the kiss hello, but I really don't know where it crosses the line. Maybe it's when you hug another co-worker of the opposite sex in public like say Outback in between the wheat rolls and the Victoria's Fillet. Maybe it's taken out of context by other co-workers say a jealous co-worker who sees this as an opportunity for advancement or revenge.

What makes it look very suspicious iswhen ESPN fires a longtime analyst right after they signed him to a seven year contract and right before he does the staple event for which he is best known for (Little League World Series). I worked with Harold Reynolds at the College World Series. It was one of the best things I've ever done while working for ESPN. He struck me as one of the nice guys in the business. He always talked about the game he loves so honestly, never once got ego-tripped, and he was one of the few people who remembered my name after the first time we met. I have nothing but good things to say about him which is why I'm shocked to see him no longer amongst the ESPN family. I just hope that they can solve this issue without it escalating and put it behind like an awkward hug hello.

2 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger lucasjackson7 said...

I miss him already.

If I see him on The Best Damn Sports Show though I will begin to dislike him.

I say we start a Cafe Press shirt with "Bring Harold Back" on the front.

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger 5689 said...

zzzzz2018.8.6
ferragamo outlet
ralph lauren uk
true religion jeans
skechers shoes
oakley sunglasses
mlb shop
pandora charms outlet
pandora
canada goose jackets
true religion outlet store

 

Post a Comment

<< Home