Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Two twelve packs of Abita, a case of red beans, and truck full of memories

"Luke, why didn't you just say 20 or 25 eggs?" Dragline
"Uh, I don't know. 50 sounded like a good round number."Lucas Jackson

Sometimes I don't know which end is up or down. I'm spinning around like a top. Can someone please slow my world down. The last month has been hectic to say the least. I can't elaborate on this more because if I did the rights to my book may get seized.

Put it this way. I have driven through Texas twice and flew over the biggest waste of a state all in a span of two weeks. Trying to move on with my life, but still don't know what to do. As I was home for a short 7 days I would stare off into the breezy night air and ask family members that same question. Whatcha gonna do? Dunno know. This would be accompanied by a tug of a cold brew.

If there was one world to describe what this hurricane has done to my life it would be: devastated. Life seems to moving on in other parts of the world, and there is little people fell sorry for anymore. That's the sad reality. As I try to move into my new home in San Diego, I look around. Nothing's the same. And yet we all remain the same inside. Post more later. For those of you in New Orleans reading this, I miss ya'll.

1 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger lucasjackson7 said...

by the way, unaveritas, did you know that you have a great blog here!

ah man, glad to hear you made it through and you're okay. grill some burgers and raise a glass for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home