Monday, February 12, 2007

Where have you gone numero Ocho???


As I finished watching the Super Bowl it began to hit me. The football season was over. What do I do now???
I must wash myself clean from the last season which will be hard to do right away. I think the next few weeks I will be going through heavy withdrawals. It's like I need something to supplimate that fix I got every weekend, and it's not coming until March. That's right. March Madness can't come soon enough. No one in their right mind is going to get me to watch hockey. Is it even on t.v. ? I mean you can watch people sell books on tv or catch endless hours of Canadian Parliament, but you can't get a hockey game unless you have the Outdoor Network.
As for the NBA, it's so useless to watch until they get into the playoffs. Almost every team makes it to the playoffs which provides me with countless ways to describe the meaninglessness of playing a freaking 82 game season. They should pull names out of a lottery machine much like we used to do when playing Super Techmo Bowl tournaments. Then the teams would start the playoffs after a two string of practices. I mean really do you want to watch the Celtics play the Raptors tomorrow or see if those two crazy brothers on Prison Break will escape for the 100th time from the Police, FBI, CIA, and every other law enforcement agency tracking them down? I've got to hand it to Fox, they really know how to kill a show by dragging it out beyond it's means (see My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance, 24, X-Files, Joe Millionaire, American Idol). Somebody told me the other day that American Idol is still the number 1 rated show in the US. I'm pretty sure I'd rather watch back to back minor league hockey games on cable access with no graphics and no commentating, than watch American Idol. Did I ever mentioned they tried to kick me out of hotel in Memphis after Hurricane Katrina. Rotten Bastardos.
It's time for me to move on for the next month and fulfill all those things I promised my wife I would finish in August. You know those things that make you a useful husband. Payback for months of weekends without a mention of the word work, and me explaining to her how the game trumps anything I should be doing otherwise. I almost decided to start watching NFL Europe just extend the season in order to back out of the weekend work. I just can't watch games in half-empty stadiums (uhhmm Atlanta/Detroit) with players I thought were good 10 years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home