Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Year of the Saints



An ancient chinese proverb once propheted "Don't walk until you've crawled." Atleast that's what I think the fortune cookie stated.

10-6!!! Who would have thunked it? Buddy D? Jimmy the Greek? Nostradamus? Nope. Not a soul. I think every Saints fan invisions a winning season before it gets started, but realistically deep down inside we look forward to season better than the last. Well this season we just didn't double our wins we tripled them. The New Orleans Saints went from worst to first in a division many had picked us to finish last or second to last.

I can't live a lie. I thought that my beloved team would finish 8-8. It was such a big surprise to me that after the third game of the season I felt that we could win much more. I have witnessed many of downtrodden years, many of upsets, many of disappiontments, but nothing has eclipsed the emotions I have felt for the team this year. FAITH!! That's what it takes to be a fan of any team. I believe it takes a little more than just faith to be a Saints fan, it means that you and the team become one emotionally. A friend once asked me why I torture myself being a Saints fan. I looked him dead in the eye and said, "I've invested way too much of life to be anything other than a Saints fan. It's what I believe I was meant to be."

I want to thank Coach Payton for bring a new feeling to the city, to the fans, and to the team. 2006 was a great year for the Saints, but I think that 2007 has the makings of exciting times being a Saints fan. We've got Reggie. We've got Duece. We've got Brees. We've got a defense that is underrated. Look out NFL, these Saints are for real and here to stay. Bring on the tournament! Go Saints.

1 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is wonderland. Welcome, Alice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home