Thursday, February 01, 2007

Super Bowl Birthday




If you know me by now or have atleast read a few of my entries you probably have heard of my distaste for Super Bowl parties. Mostly because the parties are filled with people only interested in commercials or talking with someone during the game that they work with 5 days out of the week. Did you see the one with the monkeys? Oh there so funny. What's worse I'll be sitting there watching the game and some guy will ask the most ridiculous question that no one wants to warrant an answer too. Like, "Hey, doesn't Dikta still coach the Bears?" or "Peyton Manning, is he related to Archie Manning at all?"

What I dislike most about the Super Bowl parties is the since the NFL went to the extra week off the Super Bowl used to be on or around the last weekend in January, now it's the first week in February. Recently either on my birthday or around my b-day. Once you get older, birthdays are celebrated like a tax return. Something that has to be done, but it's not always a pleasant experience.

This year I am celebrating my birthday with a fictional Saints Super Bowl party. I'm going to pretend that it's the Saints playing the Colts. Every time the Bears make a good play, I'll scream "Way to go Saints!" It's going to be so much fun. In between my Abita Ambers I'll cram a piece of Randazoo's king cake down, and maybe save room for my big birthday present... A mock Saints Super Bowl ring. It looks more like a ring pop, but it'll suffice for the day. To all those out there that love Super Bowl parties, have fun because I know that I will from the comfort of my home resting in the lazyboy.