Tuesday, January 23, 2007

That's the way we live




It's not easy being a Saints fan. 40 years and still waiting. I'm not upset with anything that has happened this season. We went from worst to first in one year, but what hurts is getting so close to the big game (Super Bowl) and then get trounced. The great story still has not been finished. So we continue on to another chapter.

Thanks, Saints. For six months you prolonged the pain and memories of last year/Katrina amongst all of us in New Orleans. The days of the week went by so much faster. I couldn't wait for Sundays to appear on my calendar because for 3 hours I lost myself in the midst of the Saints dramatic turnaround. I think most of us know how hard it is to get to the NFC Championship game. If not just look at the Cardinals, Lions, Browns for any indication at the gaps in time. While most of us will move on and try to rebuild our homes and lives in the upcoming year we can hold out hope that our Saints can return back to the NFC Championship. It can be done.

I know I wanted to almost cry after that game. What has become evident is the fact that I have been riding the emotions of the Saints for six months and now I'm coming down hard. My eyes are finally adjusting to the reality of the Super Bowl, but my eyes will never waver on the view of myself in the mirror every morning looking at the die hard Saints fan smiling back. Thanks for a great season. Black and Gold to the Super Bowl, forever.