Thursday, June 16, 2005

My God, did someone turn on the heat?

I was reading my buddies blog about the heat and started laughing. Yankees!! Don't know a good sweat when it hits you upside the head. There is nothing to the summer time heat down here in Nawlins. I rather enjoy it.

For fun the other day, I dressed up in a huge parka with gloves and snow boots, from my days in the wintery Connecticut. I then got in my car and started driving to work. As I pulled onto the jammed up interstate, I sat there blowing into my thick padded gloves. People were staring at me, but who cares. It's all in good fun. I drove in the slow lane, so more and more people could build a huge bottleneck on the freeway that would cause a major traffic jam. Suddenly, the radio blasted the news, traffic and weather on the 8's.

"We have a back up on I-10 heading east before the I-10 and 6-10 split. It seems like there is a lot of rubbernecking going on as a mad man dressed in snow gear is driving his car to work. Now for the weather. (pause) It's going to be another scorcher today as temperatures will average around 98 with a heat index of 110. Please keep pets, plants and pipes in the shade. (pause) We have breaking news as a man driving to work in a SUV pulled off the interstate. He then pulled out a folding chair inside his car and began to sit on the side of the road apparently trying to receive a sunbathe. What is strange is the man is fully clothed in what seems to be subzero snow gear. He has a gortex parka with snow boots and thick padded gloves. We'll have more on the 8's."

Great to be living in the south during summer no place in the world like it. Swamp ass for months. That's something that will last with you forever. You can't help but lose weight. Yesterday the road in front of my house, just buckled up. I think it's heading north for the rest of the summer. Only 3 and half more months of this nice warm weather. I have an great idea to help beat the summer heat. Why don't we just drag a couple of those artic glaciers from the North or South pole and plant them in the major cities in the south. Then you just place them in the center of each downtown and let the cool water flood the cities. Almost like the fire hydrant during the summer routine but on a slightly larger scale. Well, have a good sweat for now.