Wednesday, July 05, 2006

What's all the fuss about?

I was going to get into a diatribe about why the Red Sox should switch to the junior circuit,a.k.a. National League, but I felt more pressing issues needed to be attended to.

I got IM'd by my 80 year old father-in-law yesterday. Instead of complete shock there was a moment of doubt. Is this my nephews on his computer. After a quick response he returned to acknowledge it was him and that he was trying this thingy out on his computer. Needless to say he has dial up which prohibits him from IM'ing me at a sub-standard rate. It's so hard once you get a taste of the T1 lines or the satellite connection to go back to DSL much less dial up.

Somebody told me yesterday that the World Cup was still going on and I laughed and laughed. I can't believe this. As if the levees didn't get breached the city of New Orleans just flooded itself because someone let their bathtub overflow.

I watched Ben Harper on Austin City Limits and there is something strange about watching a concert that is right down the street from you. It's almost like watching the football game in the parking lot of the stadium. Had some really good beer the other day from the makers of Shinerbock. It's called Zietgenbock. It's almost like a Kolsh but darker. Went for some barbque yesterday at our favorite back porch bbq joint. It amazes me how a place that would have provided an excellent backdrop for Smokey and the Banditt 3 can be thriving with such business. Foods so good and they have a hand jacuzzi. I'm not lying. It's a mini-whirpool for your hands. It felt so good I thought about putting my feet in it. Not sanitary though.

When I was growing up we had mosquito patrols throughout our neighborhood. It was like a blitzkreg of pickup trucks driving in tandem spraying mosquito DDT into the air like a thick fog. I think it killed everything in the air and made almost everyone within breathing distant sterile for atleast a year. We need that stuff here in Austin. Damn mosquitos are so bothersome around here I almost decided to buy one of those beekeeper outfits just to go outside.

There is no end in sight for the summer movies. I keep seeing another movie being pushed each and every weekend. I almost laugh when I think about what the theaters charge for you to get in. It's almost not worth the sample I had to give last week just to go see a double matinee. Keep the prices down, don't go to the movies. Read a book or got to a ballgame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home