Friday, September 16, 2005

Going back to Cali

Yeah, I know I was the one who once said California was the devil incarnate, but who knows this time the devil may not bother us in San Diego. My wife and I have decided to move on down to San Diego. No more Naturally Nawlins. I guess home just quite won't be the same anymore. Since the government and all these Michael Douglas Wall Street wannabe's want to buy up all the property to resell to us poor bastards at a ridiculous price will ruin what was so great about the city. It's diversity of cultures and homes. You had million dollar homes sitting right next to shanty dilapated homes. It made New Orleans unique.

I was thinking about how my life was last filled with a sense of normalcy. It was a Friday night almost three weeks ago that my brothers and a couple of friends gathered at my house for another monthly poker night. What a poker night? I don't know if I will be able to play poker with my brothers again since we are all spread out. My youngest brother may be the closest too me as he will reside in L.A. for the next several months. My middle brother is moving to the east coast. I will miss him dearly. It seems like every time I get close enough to hug my brothers we are split due to some unforseen circumstance. That poker night we all had little cares or worries about work, home, or clothes. Wow, how 48 hours can change everything. I guess I will never be able to take money from my bros in poker, and that night was the closest I've ever been to winning. Had all the chips. Had the cards coming to me. Things didn't fall into place, but I will never forget swigging beer, making fun of each other, and talking about nothing. That feeling of having them around was so worth every dollar I lost. I would cash in all my chips to have that chance to play poker once a month again with them. Just too have that little sense of what life used to be like. To feel comfortable. To not worry about were I am going to call home. To say, "The man's got aces get your tail out!"

4 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bloggs are such a wonderful way to plublish ones thoughts. Thanks for letting me visit and leave a comment. rise against mp3

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger tigertalk said...

Don't you hate when people put unless comments after your blog or advertisment!

Yes, I was just talking to Rob about poker night and how we may never have a rematch. One day though we will and who knows maybe technology will advance so we can no matter where we are in the world.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger bayou_boy504 said...

I keep thinking about how things were so normal on Friday, and how if I had just returned that trailer a little sooner, I would have been able to make it to poker night. The last poker night? No, we should all meet in some neutral city for poker one night.

I'll bring the tequila.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger The Movie Guys said...

Yeah, I wonder what I would give to have that sense of normalcy back. A helluva lot.

All the best,

Fritz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home