Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Things Can't Get Much Worse?


As if things couldn't get any worse for my Saints, reading their injury report is like reading the starting lineups for baseball all-star game. With each and ever passing week, I as many other fans do get tired of hearing excuses.

If ever there was a time for the team to unite and fight, this is it. We're banged up, we're down on our luck (Lord knows we got screwed out of a dozen calls against the Broncos) and we're heading for a tough stretch.

I've always been one to clamour on coaches and players for decisions they've made; good or bad. I'm holding off this week. We don't need any more negativity spreading around about the Saints. Many experts have already castigated my team to the lower echelons of the league. Not me. I still believe. Maybe not as fully as I did after beating Tampa, but I do have faith that we can turn this season around and it all starts with #26.

Duece is either healthy or hurt. No way should you embarrass a player of his stature by relegating him to the sidelines in full gear watching his beloved team struggle to gain 1 yard. That's right I said 1 yard. If Payton is holding him off for the better part of the season, well here's a news flash; there may not be a better part than the present. Let's see old number #26, even if it's only short yardage situations. Just appease us.

It's okay to have some doubt from time to time, but it's impossible for us to lose our faith in the team that is given us so much more. Let's go Saints!! Who Dat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home