Friday, September 05, 2008

Let the Games Begin

So, it all begins. The Saints officially kick off the 2008 season, Sunday vs. the Bucs and I will be sitting in a bar in Madison, Wisconsin eating fried cheese curds and swearing up and down that Jason David shouldn't be in the game.

Gustav threw a wrench into my football fix this past week. My brother and my grandmother evacuated and stayed with us, while the rest of New Orleans watched and waited from other areas. My other brother was stuck in the city as a first respondeer for the New Orleans Fire Department. We kept in touch through text most of the time, just because everyone was calling anyone to see what was going on.

It seems wierd to watch a hurricane from a far. I notice there is much less anxiety, except for worrying about family and friends still there. I no longer have to worry about losing my job, or my house or even my beloved Super Dome.

Well, I am amped up for the game. I hope the team doesn't come out flat like they did last year against the Bucs. The game was over by half and most of the fans I was with had that look that I've seen since I was about 7 years old. All Saints fans know that look; "It's-gonna-be-a-long-year" look.

Not this year. I've got a feeling this year will be different. We've got some guys who can shake things up on offense. As for our defense, I will make a beat that by the end of the season we will all be pleasantly surprised. So, Keep the Faith. Be a Saint. And Who Dat Say They Gonna Beat Dem Saints! Who Dat!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home