Friday, August 10, 2007

No Worries....

I guess you could say I was happy to see my beloved Saints on television the previous week playing in the Hall of Fame Game.

But then again it's like jv game and then leaving before the big varsity game. It doesn't really matter, and you just can't wait for the games to start mattering.

There was alot of ballyhooing about the Saints porous defense, the inept offense, and more importantly the lack of physicality the team showed on the field. I don't put much into it. I'm not going to make excuses, but the Saints do play 5 count them 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 games that could count for diddlypoo (thanks Mora). But their lack of effort was a bit of concern too me, although I think Payton will have them ready for the beginning of the season.

It dawned on me the other day, the Payton may just rubbing his nose at the NFL for holding back and playing vanilla for the exhibition game. For it was the league that threw them an extra preseason game, when the Saints really don't need one. Four is two games too many to be honest.

So, the pluses I saw from the game.
I think there is going to be a fierce battle for the number 2 QB spot on the team. Jaime Martin's days are numbered I feel. Jason Fife showed some life. I just hope the Saints can find someone who can step in, just in case the inevitable happens, like Jeff (Give me another martini) Garcia. I remember the good ole days when I would sit and talk incessantly about the future Saints quarterbacks with my father and arguing that Mike Buck had such a strong arm from throwing potatoes around.

The only other bright spot looks to be that Reggie will be trying to run in between the tackles more. That's a good thing because averaging 3.6 yards per carry isn't going to scare many defenses. Well, circle the wagons because the Buffalo Bills are coming into town tonight.
Let's go Saints.

Yeah, I know... I made it through the entire post without mentioning Fred Thomas. Breathe... Deep breaths. Okay... I think I'm going to be alright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home