Monday, July 11, 2005

What's that smell? Oh, that's Bourbon Street.

"Sometimes, I just want go out and dance. Forget guys. I just want to let loose and dance all night." - Dane Cook

Some friends came in town this past weekend from Arizona to visit us and gourge themselves into the monopoly of bars and clubs in the French Quarter. This would be a great time to show them what the city has to offer other than 8 dollar Hurricanes, and 6 dollar longnecks. Although, I can attest that whenever someone comes in town to visit the big sleazy they want Bourbon Street in all it's glory.

Friday night is a great time to go out in this city and hit happy hour at the many ecclectic waterin holes this city has to offer. When we met up, they we're already toasty from pre-gaming it at Pat O's. I had the common deceny to see that this was going to be a long night if we didn't fill up on carbs. So I took them over to Port of Call, and we all dug in to some scrumptulishous burgers. Not too mention the 32 oz. Monsoons we drank. I didn't think bladders could hold more than two tallies. Anyways, as we moved onward to bigger and better places I felt it may obligation as a local to take them some place that was local and cool. D.B.A. would be our spot for the next 30 minutes. There was a nice cool breeze blowing in from outside, and a cool hip band playing new orleans diatribe in the corner. Our guests didn't like this spot. It didn't resemble anything that embodies the souless, drunken, smelly, trashy images of Bourbon. So we left. Needless to say we walked up and down Bourbon looking for that right place to go. They found it quickly in Fat Catz. There is nothing wrong with hanging out in the club, but I have made it a point of mine to never dance in public, i.e. Dylan McKay. What I was really looking forward to was hanging out with my friends in a quint watering hole. Instead, I got night of the Roxbury thrown down my ass for 4 hours. Fun for the whole family. Not too mention, the quarter is price gouging drinks. Bottle beer is 5-6 bucks. Mixed drinks are 8-9 bucks. Big ASS beer is 3 bucks. I felt like I was being racially incriminated upon, because I'm white and they think I have money. Oh what a weekend.

2 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger lucasjackson7 said...

"Our guests didn't like this spot. It didn't resemble anything that embodies the souless, drunken, smelly, trashy images of Bourbon." - quote of the fuckin' day.

Although I must say that DBA is the hipster/hugger hangout of the New Orleans next to One Eyed Jacks. But as far as bars go...gimme a place where i can drink abita and listen to a badass jukebox.

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger jeje said...

nba shop
fitflops sale clearance
coach outlet store online
michael kors outlet clearance
supreme outlet
coach outlet
ralph lauren outlet
moncler outlet
tory burch outlet
polo ralph lauren

 

Post a Comment

<< Home