Thursday, September 20, 2007

Open letter to Coach Payton and Coach Gibbs


Watched my beloved Saints take a heart wrenching pounding on Sunday that was reminiscent of years gone past.
I've noticed a trend with the Saints which dates back to 2001 season.
Our defense or lack there of has progressively slid down a slippery slope of regression each year. Sort of like the Buffalo Bills.
Once I remember our linebackers being a fearsome group that ate running backs up and chased quarterbacks for thier lives.
Now all I see is play action passes down the middle of the field with linebackers in hot pursuit, and quarterbacks having all the time in the day to make their progressions and find the guy who's wide open.
I'm not saying it's free agency nor the draft. It's an attitude. An instictive feel that you get when you see the look on a players face before the snap.
Every team has issues, but to conceivably know that your defense is lacking and to not replace it with something that is better is unforgivable.
So I leave with this plea. Gary Gibbs, we need you more than ever to figure out a way to instill that aggressive, fly-to-the-ball, no fear, jaw-rattling attitude back into our defense.
Please do it soon, because I don't think I can withstand watching teams lick their chops each week saying here come the Saints, let's pad our stats.

That's was the old Saints, and we have a new team with a new attitude. (hopefully)

1 Comments:

At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Veritas! I'm a good friend of Veteran Saint's player: Frank Wattelet. I recently read your blog and found the old post where you talk about him and told him about you and your blog. He'd like to email you and say hello. You can email me at iamgaga@yahoo.com and we'll get the two of you in contact to say hello ~ Love your blog! Rhonda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home